There are coaches that focus on business strategy and execution, and coaches that focus on leadership development and behaviour change. Mikael is one of very few coaches that integrate both.
Meir’s core point of difference is that he’s been a high growth entrepreneur, financier and CEO. He’s run executive teams and gone through his own deep personal transformation.
His practical real-life experience allows him to operate at the intersection of business strategy, operational complexity and interpersonal dynamics – guiding leaders through the challenges of change to achieve greater effectiveness and impact.
Mikael’s leadership coaching credentials are:
- Finance Entrepreneur, CEO, led executive teams for 16 years
- Executive Coach for 12 years preceding
- Professor of Ethics in Finance at York University’s Schulich School of Business for 7 years
- Personal Leadership Certification, Columbia University Graduate School of Business
- Immunity to Change Training from Professor Robert Kegan, Harvard University
- Integrative Coaching Certification from the Ford Institute of Transformational Training
- EQ-i 2.0/EQ-360 (Emotional Intelligence) Certification
- Leadership Circle 360 Assessment Certification
The Complete Story
As a serial entrepreneur, CEO and venture capitalist, Mikael Meir launched a string of successful companies – from a software company that went public at $800 million to an investment firm that took numerous companies public.
In 2003 he drove his start-up venture, Portus Asset Management, into a hyper-growth retail investment company leading a team that created nearly $1 billion in assets in 2.5 years. In 2005 Portus was investigated by the securities commission which provoked a series of events leading to his personal rock bottom: public humiliation, emotional and professional bankruptcy, and six months in jail.
Through rigorous self-honesty, Meir took responsibility for his mis-steps and used the experience to transform his life. He shifted from being driven by ego and self-centred fear to practicing living a life of service and humility, using his skills and talents to help others achieve their goals. Formerly Michael Mendelson, he ritualized this transformation by adopting his Hebrew name, Mikael Meir.
Today, Meir is a leadership guide who combines 15 years of hands-on leadership experience, with an on-going 14 year study of business ethics, neuroscience, developmental psychology and eastern wisdom practice. Through his executive coaching, ethics and transformational leadership programs, he helps executives and entrepreneurs make powerful changes in their lives, their businesses, and the world.